Saturday, May 12, 2012

More piano thoughts

Just back from a long walk along the Thames Path. My feet are killing me...

Anyways, I had another piano lesson today, and I'm slowly getting a feel of the differences between my CP33 and my teacher's grand piano. Now that I am quite acquainted with my CP33, I can easily say, it does not feel at all like my teacher's grand piano.

For a start, it does not take much effort at all on my teacher's grand to produce a note, and it is quite difficult for me to play softly on it. The tail end of the sustain on a real grand is also insanely long, unlike the CP33 that tails of pretty rapidly.

I think I'm going to be spending some time soonish looking at Pianoteq, Truepianos or Pianissimo. Pianoteq's sound, from their samples, does not float my boat at all, but I'll reserve final judgement after I've tried it. I like the sound from Truepianos. Pianissimo.... sounds quite clean. Will see how it goes.

EDIT: Pianissimo is out - windows only.

No comments:

Post a Comment